Director, global research analysis & APAC Kasperky lab team Vitaly kamlok, as increasingly happens many Ransomware attack, most as well as a new type of ransomware.
In April 1999 for example, Kaspersky Lab reported Ransomware Trojan named Loki that dot the vast and fast. Results for "Kaspersky Security Network" noted, at least the attacks occur in 114 countries Loki.
Ransomware is a type of malware that seeks subsidy to keep data from a computer belonging to an injured victim. The perpetrators then demand a ransom to obtain documents relating to victims.
And obviously very big threats in the future. The problem is actually not a new Ransomware himself at all. I've seen first in 1989 ransomware. This is an attack which requests the victims some money because their device unlocked from afar, said Vitaly if cyber security Kaspersky Lab on weekends at the InterContinental Hotel, Jimbaran, Bali.
In this event, Vitale gives an overview about how to beat their victims and exposing a number of Ransomware cases high levels of Ransomware, one of which is koinfolt in 2015 that infects more than 1,000 Windows-based computers in more than 20 countries.
Dangerous threat this year, Ransomware, Kaspersky Lab joined the Dutch national police, "Europol" Intel security initiatives that make them any ransom call more "from the www.nomoreransom.org site.
This is an online portal to inform the public of the dangers of Ransomware and help users who fall victim to get more of their data without having to pay a ransom for the perpetrators of cyber crime. Could be a number of moves to deport Ransomware Kaspersky as suggested here.
1. make sure you always publish backup important files on a regular basis. Highly recommended are two versions of the back. The first one is stored in the cloud and others in physical storage devices such as portable hard drives, Flash drives, laptops and other additional.
2. don't open suspicious files or attachments. The perpetrators of cyber crime often distribute fake emails that mimic e-mail notification from online store or Bank, to raise the user opens a malicious attachment and spreading malware. This method is called phishing.
3. the malicious link was sent by friends in social media or vice versa in online games that counted. We recommend that you ask directly to detail them before opening the link or file.
4. turn on the option ' show file extensions ' on the settings for Windows-based computers. This will make it easier for you to distinguish where potentially harmful files. So be really alert to see if the file is actually URinvoice.pdf.exe or URinvoice.pdf for example.
5. update your operating system and your browser, antivirus and other software on a regular basis. The perpetrators of cyber crime tends to exploit vulnerabilities in programs to disable the system.
6. use strong and reliable security software to protect your system from ransomware. Especially for companies, because they store consumer data.